ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please respect our privacy!

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please respect our privacy!
  • From: Bob Baffy <rbaffy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:52:12 -0400

Hello ICANN folks,

I'm writing to express my disappointment regarding the proposed rules that
govern companies that provide WHOIS privacy services. I've had issues in
the past with people who have abused my personal information through WHOIS
searches, and it upsets me that my and other's rights to privacy could be
abused again in this way.

I feel that people should be able to keep their information private, and
none of that information should be revealed except for under a court order
using the legal systems we already have in place. I think it's a huge
mistake to open this info up to anyone and everyone. I believe you stand
the risk of people providing faulty information in order to try and protect
themselves.

Thanks for your time, and please keep our private data private.

- bob