ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Domain privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Domain privacy
  • From: "Adrian - adrianTNT.com" <adriantnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 17:01:46 +0300

Dear ICANN

About privacy feature on domains, think about it this way: every important
institution (maybe yours too) are working in privacy behind closed doors
and with security at the entrance, because you cannot allow anyone to come
after you for various reasons that are not always valid, if indeed domain
owner did something wrong, then a court order is the way to find him. It
would be chaos to allow every dissatisfied client to come to our doors at
any time.
Worse case scenario: thiefs, kidnappers and all others can come after the
owner of a site/business that appears to be successful.
Respect our privacy please, and allow only the law enforcement to find us
(court order).