ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Keep the proxy option

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Keep the proxy option
  • From: Alex Shroyer <ashroyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:59:56 -0400

I own domains for my personal blog, and my mom's small business.  I use
proxies for both of these domains because making personal contact
information public should be a personal CHOICE, and not a consequence of
playing by the rules.

Removing this choice will silence many voices that the world needs to hear,
while providing no benefits.  Criminals will circumvent these "controls",
just like they always have, and law-abiding citizens will be made to suffer.

Everyone benefits from the proxy option.  You have a CHOICE to preserve
privacy.  Please make the right choice.

Best regards,
Alex