ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - David Chu Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - David Chu Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: David Chu <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:19:42 -0400

Dear ICANN –

It would be an enormous mistake to allow invasion of privacy by exposing
Whois information to everyone. That would include dangerous psychotics,
criminals, malcontents, and anyone who wants to make trouble.

Maybe you don't realize just how harmful that would be? Please think this
through. A valid court order is the sensible way to handle this - not
opening things up to everyone.

Please, please reconsider doing that. I don't think you'll want to be
responsible for stalking, murder, invasion of privacy, theft of money and
property, many other types of crime, and other damage to our rights.

Thanks.
David