ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

PPSAI comment

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: PPSAI comment
  • From: Rajel Baker <nielsbohr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:37:46 -0500

Dear ICANN –
Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):
Hundreds of thousands, likely millions of internet users have domains and
websites for personal or business reasons. Requiring private, personal
information to be published in WHOIS records exposes that information to
countless anonymous users, who may use this information to harm the individual
either physically or psychologically.Keeping these records private is a simple
first line of defense against keeping personal harm from crossing out of the
virtual and into the physical.Requiring this information to be published is
like removing the locks from our front doors - allowing our privacy to be
violated at the whim of others.
I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process. -
Everyone deserves the right to privacy.- No one’s personal information should
be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from
a private individual or law enforcement agency.
Private information should be kept private. Thank you.
-Rajel