ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Evan Schroeder Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Evan Schroeder Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Evan Schroeder <evanschroedr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:48:26 -0600

Dear ICANN –

Online privacy is important to me, and I believe that it is in every
domain owner's interest, including commercial entities, to retain the
privilege of privacy for WHOIS information.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS
privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court
order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private
individual or law enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Evan Schroeder