ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Chris Gursche Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Chris Gursche Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Chris Gursche <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 07:50:36 -0700

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I object to the release of website holder's information to any individual for
any reason, without a court order.

Privacy is one of those elusive rights. Once you've given it away, it can't be
retrieved.

Why does anyone need to know who hosts a website? If there's a crime involved,
the courts will order the release of information.

If there isn't a crime involved, what right does a website user have? What
possible need? And how would this need apply to every commercial website?
Particularly to those sites of small businesses?

The release of information will increase spam, which already sucks up too much
of my day.

Please keep my website holder information private.

Cheers,

Chris Gursche
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
604-290-1592