ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN must respect the privacy of websites and thus free speech

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN must respect the privacy of websites and thus free speech
  • From: "Luis Ferreira" <ferreira.h.luis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:35:43 +0000

Dear Sirs,

This concerns the proposal to require companies or individuals having a commercial presence to indicate personal information in WHOIS.

A commercial presence can be as small as having some web advertising.

This will require that, without any legal court order, the anonymity of a web site is curtailed.

I believe this infringes my fundamental rights.

Sincere regards,
Luis Ferreira