ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Regarding Changes to WHOIS Privacy Protection

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Regarding Changes to WHOIS Privacy Protection
  • From: "Tom Fang | iPyxel Creations" <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:40:19 -0700

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

I own a small business, and I work from home.  The fact that my home
address would be retrievable by anyone on the internet threatens my
children's safety and our family's privacy.

Private information should be kept private.  Please respect this privacy
for all the people who work from home as a living.

Sincerely,

Thomas Fang