ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: David Sandberg <mystic_fm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:32:31 -0500

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

As a private individual with a website that currently helps to generate an
extremely modest amount of income, this proposal terrifies me.  If I was
required to make my home address and other personal data available to any
criminal who wishes to capitalize upon it in order to have any chance to build
my own business, I would probably have to give up on it entirely.  As I assume
your intention here wasn’t to stymie economic opportunities for private
individuals, I fervently urge you to withdraw these proposed changes.

Private information should absolutely be kept private. Thank you.