ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

'Commercial' Domain and Proxies

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: 'Commercial' Domain and Proxies
  • From: Trevor Seward <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:25:25 +0000

ICANN, I currently run a personal blog, but use ads in order to support the
server costs of that blog. I currently use a domain proxy service to prevent my
personal home address, phone number, and email address from being revealed to
the wider world. This proposal threatens many people who run these sort of
blogs who also need financial support to do so.

I reside in the United States. Please do not allow the "entertainment industry"
to force us to reveal our information in an easily, and anonymously accessible
database (whois).

Thank you