ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

WHOIS Privacy Services

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS Privacy Services
  • From: "David B. Greenberg" <david.b.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 22:10:43 +0300

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to urge you to reject the proposed rules governing companies
that provide WHOIS privacy services.

I am scared of being required to have my personal information online simply
because I maintain a website for the purposes of my (very) small business.
That would be an egregious violation of my privacy.

The civilized world has law enforcement agencies and courts to solicit
people's private information when this is necessary -- and only when it is
necessary.

Thank you for your attention to this critical matter.

Sincerely,

David B. Greenberg