ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Adriano Ferrari <adriano.ferrari@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:37:45 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

My wife and I run two online businesses from home. Before we had WHOIS
privacy, we received countless calls on our cell phones from scammers and
telemarketers.
We deserve the right to keep our WHOIS private, and to control who gets to
see our address and phone number.

This is where I live with my wife, and my two year old son!
Why should anyone be able to access this information?
(and we know who's going to figure out how to do this, first... it'll be
spammers, scammers, and telemarketers).

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.