ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Comment on GNSO Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues Working Group Initial Report

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment on GNSO Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues Working Group Initial Report
  • From: Sean Conley <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:37:17 -0400

Please do not end private registration. I should not be required to forego
a basic human right to privacy in order to own a domain. Ending private
registration would expose me to "doxxing", identity theft, and more.

Please do not prevent the use of private registration services. The
criminals you are targeting will be unaffected. The only people you will
hurt are tens of thousands of legitimate users like me.