ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy!!

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy!!
  • From: Jodi Ryan <Jodi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 19:45:55 +0000

Dear ICANN -

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

I am a small business owner and have already had 2 credit incidents.   With
only the business information available on my website an Identity theft on my
business credit card occurred and cost my bank $13,000+ and a second attempt
was foiled by another bank that checked with me before opening a credit card,
supposedly in my name.   Identity Theft is epidemic and will only get
exponentially worse if you divulge our personal information to anybody who asks
for it.

Private information should be kept private.

Thank you,
Jodi Ryan

[AdvantEdgeLogoC]
760-722-6839 Ext. 101