ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Internet privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Internet privacy
  • From: Diego Imperius <hawkins.diego@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:01:10 -0500

To Whom It May Concern:

I would urge you to reject the entertainment industry's attempt to further
compromise our right to privacy. The very nature of the the technology in
question means that peeling back privacy protection puts people at risk.
You can't remove our privacy just for the entertainment industry, and
exclude online harassers, doxxers, stalkers, and etc. There's no such thing
as a secure backdoor.

The industry currently has the means to sue people, it requires them to get
a warrant. This move puts people at risk for the sake of removing an
inconvenience for a wealthy industry. While I understand that money talks,
I would hope those of you entrusted with the care of global communications
would be more evolved and enlightened, and if greater integrity, than
Hollywood believes you to be.

With thanks,
Diego