ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Gavin Stokes <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 14:22:38 -0700

Dear ICANN –

I object to the proposed rules that would prevent Internet domain owners from
protecting their contact information.  Some URLs represent business enterprises
or others that should be separate from personal identities.  As a de facto
public monopoly, ICANN should respect privacy laws that govern other public
stewards of personal information, and refuse to divulge identifying information
without a court order.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Gavin Stokes
Los Angeles, CA