ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please Reconsider Your Policy Change

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please Reconsider Your Policy Change
  • From: Ruth Stearns <ruth.stearns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:44:48 -0400

Dear ICANN,

I'm counting on you to protect me from a lot of people, including but not
limited to those charming folks on 4chan who manipulate the legal system
for fun and government officials who have no idea what they're doing but
are determined to do something anyway.

The proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services
(as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document) will needlessly put me in danger from people like them by
revealing my private information without a court order.

Please put our right to privacy ahead of entertainment companies that are
trying to make money off of your hard work.

Thank you for reading,

Ruth Stearns