ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy of domain name registration

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Privacy of domain name registration
  • From: Amanda Johnson <indestructiblebracelets@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:22:34 -0700

I support privacy of domain name registrations, and do not support your
proposed changes. This proposed change would not benefit entertainment
providers seeking to enforce their copyright in any significant way. The
methods to protect those copyrights already exist within the bounds of the law.

All this proposed change would do is suppress private use of the Internet. For
instance, women such as myself who have been victims of online harassment would
no longer feel free to engage in the free discourse we are familiar with,
simply out of fear for our physical safety.

It is easy to see this issue in the context of large corporations. Large
corporations have nothing to lose by disclosure. It is the little people and
their right to public expression that the current system was designed to
protect. That protection under your proposed changes would be invalidated and
irreparable harm would result.

Amanda Johnson

Sent from my iPhone