ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Rachel O Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Rachel O Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: "Rachel O'H" <Rachel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 21:12:44 +1000

Dear ICANN –

CONSIDER THE SMALL HOME-BASED BUSINESSES - they deserve privacy!

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

*******
Many small businesses operate from home  and register their domain name using
their personal details, including their home address.  This information should
NOT be available for everyone to see on the Internet.  Consider the
implications for Identity theft.  You are handing personal information directly
to the criminals if you make this change.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.
*******

-Rachel