ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Regarding WHOIS anonymity

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Regarding WHOIS anonymity
  • From: Ali Abidrahmani <knightstalker123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 00:25:13 +0430

Hello,

I am concerned about new proposal about restricting whois anonymity.I have
read a lot about this and saw lots of small businesses and hobbyist against
this.some afraid about SWATing.
This makes attacking pirates easier.BUT takes away privacy for good.without
this proposal attacking pirates would still be possible.Entertainment
industry showed everyone MANY times past few years that they can jail
pirates.
Overally this looks like another crazy proposal made by entertainment
industry to ruin the internet for everyone so that they can make more
billions in bank.They have shown again and again that they rather see the
world burn than lose a cent.

Regards,