ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Troy Stensgard <troystensgard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 03:28:11 -0700

Dear ICANN –

There is zero benefit in having emails, phones, names, and even home addresses
available to bots, spammers, and malicious/neutral parties alike. No good will
come from it, and everyone would be wise to remain fearful in light of this
proposal. I know that I'll relinquish all domains I own, should this rule go
into effect.

This isn’t a matter of rights, it’s a matter of respect. Respect the people
that spend hard earned cash on domains, and spend hours of their lives running
websites to further their ambitions. Protect us, don’t endanger us.

Private information should be kept private.

Thanks,
Stensgard