ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Respect our privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Respect our privacy
  • From: Brian Foley <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 07:14:00 -0400

I use WHOIS proxy service to prevent MASSIVE amounts of spam that gets sent
from those who skim names and addresses from WHOIS registry. I made the mistake
once of using real information and from several months I was inundated with
spam, as well as junk mail sent to me claiming they were my registrar and
wanted me to "renew" (as well as transfer my domain). Criminals use that
information fi they can to prey on unknowing people to steal domain
registrations, but you should already know this...

Thanks,
Brian