ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy and our SAFETY!

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy and our SAFETY!
  • From: Jodi Carlton <jodicarlton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:11:56 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Privacy is personal safety!  The whole point of private domain registration is
safety!  I own a couple educational websites, and one of them is about
Asperger’s Disorder, a form of autism.  My 12 yr old daughter is a
writer/blogger on this site, and has helped many others feel less alone.  If
you make our registered address public, you will be allowing people to drive
straight to our front door!  This is a HUGE safety threat, and I will be forced
to consider taking down my site and closing my businesses.

I have been made aware of this by my domain registrar, NameCheap.com.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Jodi Carlton