ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Jim Macdonald Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Jim Macdonald Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jim Macdonald <jim.mac-donald@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:24:57 +0100

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency. You can't treat law abiding citizens the same as
pedophiles. Let those appointed by us the citizens be the ones to deal with any
alleged crimes using the right and proper processes already in place. We are
all innocent until proven guilty under our system. Trial and prosecution by
public opinion is anarchy and unconstitutional. My privacy = my safety.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.