ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Joshua Lyman <jlyman.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:31:20 -0500

Hello ICANN,

I encourage you to reconsider the proposal to disallow proxy registrations in
WHOIS data on commercial domains, primarily due to the unintended negative
consequences this would have for individual registrants as well as registrants
of potentially sensitive organizations that may be religious, family, or
societally oriented. I understand some of the underlying desires, but fear that
such a blanket ruling would put many people in harm’s way, both in small and
large manners.

Sincerely,

Joshua Lyman