ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN, Respect Our Privacy!

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN, Respect Our Privacy!
  • From: Joe Savage <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:07:44 +0100

Dear ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

These proposed changes are ridiculous. The Internet has a huge reputation for
harassment, and without WHOIS privacy millions of website owners will have to
put themselves at risk. These changes are bad for the public, bad for the
culture of the web, and bad for freedom of expression.

I hesitate to ask what you are trying to achieve with these changes. To
significantly increase the amount of false WHOIS information registrants
provide? To alienate the public and become a hated entity worldwide?

Private information should be kept private.

Thank you,

Joe Savage