ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Mike Van Nattan <hillcountryfishingrods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:30:46 -0500

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.

- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private.

*In addition to the above statement, I wanted to add the following:*

My business is a very small business and most of my communication is done
on my own personal equipment.  Many small business owners are setup the
same way. Their lives are already out in front of their businesses because
that's what they have to do to get started.  This means they are also a
target for criminals and fraudulent activity.

Please respect the privacy of the little guy!  I have no problem with the
making public of large businesses, but the small businessman should not be
forced to expose himself for all the world to see. We do not have the legal
protections that large businesses maintain as we can't afford them.

The world is a dog eat dog world.  Why do you need to enlarge one dog over
another?   These kind of privacy invasions will only cause people to lie to
hide their identity. The criminals will still be hidden and the law-abiding
will be out in the open for the "dogs" to devour.

Please find a way to differentiate between a small business and a large
business.  Expose the large businesses since they can hide behind their
corporations.

Please respect the privacy of "The Little Man".

Thank you,

Mike Van Nattan
HillCountryFishingRods.com