ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Respect Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Respect Privacy
  • From: <ivar.combrinck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 05:35:17 +0000

I urge you to respect Internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private, anything else is the
self-justification of a banana-republic-like dictatorship with no regards for
the rights and privileges of its citizens.

Alternatively, will ICANN take legal and financial responsibility for exposing
people's private information. If some criminal or lunatic causes harm due to
personal address information being publicly available, will that person be able
to sue ICANN?

Or will I, as a domain owner who signed up under the old system, get
compensated y ICANN for the loss of my domains, if I don’t want my info
publicly posted and am thus forced to abandon my domains? I own 40+ domains …
40 x $1 million would be acceptable.

Thank you.