ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Christina Gillick <christinagillick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:17:57 -0500

 Dear ICANN –

As a serious online business owner, I urge you to respect internet users'
rights to privacy and *due process*.

My domain register REQUIRES a physical address. However, my business only
has a PO Box. We perform all our business tasks from our home. Because of
this, *I use domain privacy to protect my PERSONAL HOME address.* Our
company address and phone number is available to anyone who needs to
contact us.

I do NOT want my home address shared to the general public online!

Please consider the following:

- *Everyone* deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed *without a court order*,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private.

Additionally, I'm concerned that a lack of privacy could diminish online
growth and hinder others from starting businesses in this new economy.

Thank you,
Christina Gillick