ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

WHOIS Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS Privacy
  • From: Robert McAdams <robertmcadams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 13:26:10 -0700

I disagree with the proposed rule change to remove the ability to use a
proxy for WHOIS privacy. As things stand now, I am much more willing to
give the registrar my real address,phone number, and e-mail address. If the
ability to use a proxy is removed, I will submit a P.O. box which I will
check once a year when I renew the box, an e-mail address which I will
check maybe once a quarter, and a phone number either at my office, with a
secretary, or otherwise in a way that does not go directly to me. I have
ZERO INTEREST in making my contact information available to the general
public, and the spammer & telemarketer scum that troll the WHOIS rolls,
looking for contact information. By removing the privacy proxies in the
WHOIS registrars, you will actually end up making it MORE difficult to get
a hold of me (and people like me), not less.

I strongly urge you to reconsider.

Sincerely,

Robert D. McAdams