ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Phil Holder <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 22:02:21 +0100

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

Whenever I've had an email address publicly exposed in WHOIS information, I've
gotten spam to that address (an address only used for WHOIS information).

Please don't remove privacy from a hostile environment like the Internet at the
whim of the entertainment industry. All users with domain names should be
entitled to not have their private information published along with it.

Regards

Phil