ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Domains by proxy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Domains by proxy
  • From: David A Jasper <dajasper@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:06:30 +0000

I sign the petition to keep domain ownership private for those paying for the
service. The Web is a domain where anything is possible. Especially for
entrepreneurs looking to start independent small and even large businesses.
Many people for one reason or another require anonymity. My reason is that I
work for a major corporation now and have made it to the top of my field in
computing and at the same time I want to publish my own comic book on a
controversial topic with dreams of launching an entertainment company. I
appreciate the separation that a proxy provides so I can chase my dreams as a
creator writer without affecting my professional career. That is just one of
the many reasons why changing domain by proxy would be detrimental to the Web
Ecosystem. You would deter many people from interacting and creating.
Furthermore, this privacy is our right. You should present your case and secure
a warrant. I am an American business owner with 90 sites that are perfectly
legal and controversial.  I need this privacy and so do many other creators out
there working and creating.

Thank You!