ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Eli Boaz <eli.boaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:29:04 -0500

I'd like to take a moment and say while I do not use an 'anonymous'
domain registration for my own domains and I've been on the receiving
ends of potential scams from fraudsters who use them, I'd like to take
a moment to ask you to respect privacy and continue to permit these
identity protection services for many valid reasons.

With that stated -

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS
privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court
order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private
individual or law enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private!

Regards,

Eli Boaz
unxgeek.net

--
"But rather than be bound and defeated by our insignificance, we are
bold because we exercise our will anyway, despite the ephemeral and