ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Stephan Orlowsky <stephan.orlowsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 09:56:19 +0200

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

My hosting provider and my registrar have my contact info. Complaints about
my website can go through them. There is no benefit to publishing my real
info that couldn't be achieved by other means.

If anyone wants my private information, the bar they have to jump should be
high enough to deter low profit fraudulent activity. Any criminal activity
will result in the forwarding of my info anyway.

The rights of domain owners and information requesters have to be weighted
against each other. Don't bias them this heavily in favor of the latter.

Thank you,
Stephan Orlowsky