ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy Comment - @ICANN

  • To: "" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Privacy Comment - @ICANN
  • From: Gabriel Buta <gabibuta@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 14:17:21 +0300

Hi ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect my and everyone else's rights to privacy and due process.

My home address should not be available upon request or without any privacy
filter to basically anyone that has Internet access, just because I have a
website that engages in "commercial activity", a term which is in itself so
vague that it raises other problems and can mean almost anything.

We all have a right to privacy and while it should of course be possible for
individuals or organisations to obtain the physical address behind a domain,
this should only be done after a Judge has deemed it necessary and appropriate.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.