ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jason Jackson <jasonjackson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:03:36 -0600

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Some of my sites are quite personal, involving my wife and child, and for the
safety and comfort of my family as well as myself, I do not care for the idea
that my home address would be exposed in the whois database. I would rather
shut the sites down. Please consider people like myself as you set whois
privacy policy.

Thanks,
-Jason Jackson