ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Rahul Saigal <rahul.saigal28@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 02:46:20 +0530

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

WHOIS is an amazing service made for individual who wishes to hide his/her
personal information from advertisers, hackers, and people who can steal our
data for their own benefit. It is my request to cancel your proposed rules and
let an individual decide his/her rights

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Rahul Saigal