ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Fiona Kerr <onepurplehaze@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 20:40:51 +1200

Dear ICANN

Regarding the proposed
rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in
the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect
internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

- Everyone deserves the right
to privacy.

- No one's personal information
should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request
comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

Private information should
be kept private.

I paid extra to Namecheap
for the specific reason that my privacy be maintained.  I don't believe
that you have the right to carte blanche change the rules for no valid reason
at all.  Work within the current law if you need to expose offending
website owners.  DON'T treat all website owners as automatic criminals.

Thank you.