ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.
  • From: TresaV <puzzle257@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 19:00:55 +0200 (GMT+02:00)

0);font-family: arial,sans-serif;">Dear ICANN –<br><br>I am a freelance
facilitator and coach who's home address is the official address of business.
This has caused some concern, havign had my personal data associated with the
business/home address posted online for all to see and reference. The current
policy change under consideration creates the same level of stress and concern
for two reasons:<br><br>1) I facilitate situations and coach individuals where
high level of stress and sometimes anger are present. These sessions happen
away from my home, but if there was an issue, any one of these individuals
could find me and my home. That's just not cool.<br><br>2) As I am also a
teacher in the area, students would have access to my home address too easily.
Imagine a student who's not too happy with the grade I've given them. I'd be
easy to find me now if they wanted to make a point!<br><br>I urge you to
Everyone deserves the right to privacy.</li><li>    No one’s personal
information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the
request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.</li></ul>I
respectfully object to the proposed rules change regarding governing companies
that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy
Services Accreditation Issues Policy document).<br><br>Private information