ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Alex K <a7rk6s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 18:47:10 -0400

One of the amazing properties of the internet is that any individual or
organization can create a website or launch a business online. But if you
make it easy to violate a domain owner's privacy, you'll be discouraging
individuals and small businesses from buying domains. You'll be creating an
internet where only corporations with lawyers and business addresses will
feel safe enough to create a domain name. Please don't do this. We need to
make sure the internet stays a level playing field.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.