ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jeff Hubel <jhubel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 19:50:13 -0500

Dear ICANN -

I'm writing to you about the proposed rules that would govern the WHOIS
privacy services:

Under the proposed rules, personal information may be given out to anyone
without due process.  I urge you to respect internet users' rights to
privacy and due process. Everyone deserves the right to keep their
information private.  No one's personal information should be revealed
without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a
private individual or law enforcement agency.  This proposal opens the door
for widespread harvesting and abuse of personal information, which will
surely lead to increased spam, harassment, or bullying.  This proposal must
be stopped.

Private information should be kept private.

Thank you.

A very concerned internet citizen,

Jeff