ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Lim Benjamin <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:50:20 +0200

Dear ICANN,

As of now, I am receiving emails sent from scammers containing fake
invoices asking me to pay to renew my domain. This is because all the
information they need, e.g. name, emails address, physical address and
domain expiry date is public. I am savvy enough to differentiate these
fakes, imagine if the masses are subject to similar emails, it could very
well be the next trending scam.

--

*Benjamin Lim*