ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

[no subject]

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject:
  • From: David Graham - S <seethesunrise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:51:11 -0400

Dear ICANN – I am a small business person and this is regarding the proposed
rul changes to the WhoIS privacy services.In the past, when I set up my first
website I didn't realize the importance of guarding my security. Telemarketers
and spammers scrapped the information from Whois and I received so many calls
from telemarkets that I eventually changed my phone number, and I can't count
the massive increase in spam.Since that time, I have used privacy guard for
every website I own, not for nefarious reasons, but to keep the past from
reoccurring.Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS
privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy
and due process.- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.- No one’s personal
information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the
request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.Private
information should be kept private. Thank you.