ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

HEY -- READ THIS!!! ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: HEY -- READ THIS!!! ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: xrmdmrwmbp@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:34:42 +0000

Dear ICANN –

No one ON THIS GREEN EARTH has ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER to know my real name and
other personally identifying information.

I am an IRAQ WAR VETERAN and am also a US SOLDIER.  Members of ISIS and AL
Qaeda would be able to easily use this information to gain personally
identifying information about me, including my home address, phone number,
workplace, etc.  This is especially troublesome because my job while in Iraq in
the United States Army was to GUARD DETAINEES  (PRISONERS OF WAR) THAT WERE
MEMBERS OF ISIS/AL QAEDA!!!!!!!

Do NOT release our personal, private information to the public!!!!!

If a domain holder is doing something illegal, then and only then should their
information be released and then ONLY to law enforcement agencies after the
issuance of a valid warrant.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.