ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Samu Tessedik Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Samu Tessedik Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: samu tessedik <reston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 17:24:27 +0200 (CEST)

Dear ICANN &ndash;

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users&#39; rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one&rsquo;s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private.

Website owners definitely need protection from spammers/online
advertisers/trolls who are continuously searching for potential targets. Most
probably you would also like to protect your family and children from people
who are looking for targets to harass, threaten or even attack owners of
successful online businesses and blackmail or steal from them.

Thank you.

Samu Tessedik
Hungary