ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Respect Our Privacy. Don't Expose WHOIS Data

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Respect Our Privacy. Don't Expose WHOIS Data
  • From: Justin <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:18:44 +0000

Dear ICANN,

As an Information Technology professional, I recommend that we keep WHOIS
data private. I have helped more than a few clients who would be
discouraged from setting up a web presence if I could not guarantee their
privacy.

These are not shady people. They are small business owners: massage
therapists, drywall contractors, Native American jewelers, and amateur
photographers.

Please do not keep people off the Internet on the basis of their
willingness to discard privacy.

Thank you for your time,
Justin