ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Keep personal information private

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Keep personal information private
  • From: Tim Bishop <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:26:33 +0100

I'm strongly against plans that stop domain owners from hiding their
personal contact details (in particular, postal address and telephone
numbers). I agree that there needs to be a way to contact the domain
owner, but email or using a proxy is more than sufficient.

For extreme cases where legal matters are involved, court orders can of
course get the information they need.

The current system mostly works, although I'd like to see more
registrars offering privacy for free, so please don't change it.

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop
http://www.bishnet.net/tim/