ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Brian Ginsburg <bginsburg3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:27:27 -0700

Dear ICANN –

I am writing in regards to the proposed changes to WHOIS privacy services
(as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document). The changes would eliminate internet users' rights to
privacy and due process.

These changes would also place an unfair burden upon student developers and
personal website owners. Having to enter a separate application process to
protect one's personal information is an unnecessarily high bar for
non-commercial website publishers.

Domain name providers are perfectly willing to comply with legal inquiries.
Everyone who purchases a domain name is informed and in agreement. These
changes do nothing more than open the door for abuses.

Everyone deserves the right to privacy. Private information should be kept
private.

I thank you for your careful consideration of this issue.