ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Stephanie Sigaty <ssigaty@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:03:21 -0700

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I am a small business owner and do not want my personal address and phone
number revealed to the public.  I live alone and this terrifies me.  Also, the
threat of identity theft is ever-present in today's world.  PLEASE allow the
WHOIS protection to remain in place.

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.  No
one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless
of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement
agency.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Stephanie  8-)